It’s always fun to try new foods at the parks, and we’ve definitely tried a lot of options (we could go on and on about the food), but we’ve narrowed our favorites down so it’s easier for anyone trying to plan meals!
QUICK SERVICE RESTAURANTS (all spots have plenty of seating):
- Paradise Garden Grill on the Boardwalk – Mediterranean skewers – lunch & dinner – outdoor seating
- Smokejumpers Grill next to Soarin’ Around the World – chicken fingers, burgers (with a toppings bar), salads – lunch & dinner – indoor & outdoor seating
- Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta on the Boardwalk – pizza, pasta, salad – lunch & dinner – outdoor seating
- Flo’s V8 Cafe in Cars Land – breakfast, lunch & dinner – indoor & outdoor seating
QUICK SERVICE RESTAURANTS ON PACIFIC WHARF (all restaurants surround one big outdoor seating area):
- Lucky Fortune Cookery – Asian food (teriyaki chicken & rice bowl with edamame pictured above)
- Pacific Wharf Cafe – Sandwiches, salads & soup in Boudin Bakery bread bowls
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill – Mexican food
Chicken & Rice bowl from Lucky Fortune Cookery & Skewer Plates and Greek Salad from Paradise Garden Grill
RESTAURANTS IN THE $$-$$$ RANGE
- Carthay Circle Restaurant on Buena Vista Street – indoor & patio seating – reservation recommended
- Carthay Circle Lounge – no reservation needed for the lounge
- Wine Country Trattoria – Italian – indoor & outdoor seating – reservation recommended
- Alfresco Tasting Terrace – beer, wine, small bites – for the kids, try the Ariel or Lightning McQueen punch – Minute Maid pomegranate lemonade served in a souvenir Ariel or Cars 2 cup with a glowing Ariel or Lightning McQueen clip-on light for $6.49.
- Mendocino Terrace – wine, beer, cheese boards
- Sonoma Terrace – beer, wine & cheese boards
- Ariel’s Grotto – character dining experience with princesses! Indoor & outdoor seating – check out our character dining information here.
- Cove Bar – located next to the entrance to Ariel’s Grotto – outdoor seating – American food – no reservations can be made here & since this is a very popular spot, you wait times to get a seat can be 30-45 minutes or more (depending on time of day)! Opens at 11 AM, so you can also plan to get there around that time to get a spot in line.
SECRET MENU ITEMS AT CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
- Neapolitan Shake from Flo’s V8 Café
- Malibu Mocha Smoothie from Schmoozie’s in California Adventure
- Mac-n-Cheese Bread Bowl from Pacific Wharf Café in California Adventure
- The prettiest, most colorful drinks at Cove Bar in California Adventure – Mickey’s Fun Wheel, The Black Pearl, The Earthquake, Neverland Tea, & The Zombie (all similar to a Long Island) & non-alcoholic cotton candy lemonade – so good!
- Request tri-tip if you’re not a fan of lobster on the Cove Bar’s delicious nachos!