Fantasmic! is one of our all-time favorite shows at Disneyland! We always tell families who have never seen the show to make plans to see it – it is so entertaining and brings us to happy Disney tears every time!
The show is set along the Rivers of America in Frontierland and New Orleans Square with two show times every evening during busy season (Summer and Holidays) at 9:00 PM and 10:30 PM. During slow season, the show only happens on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so be sure to check the Disneyland monthly calendar up to 6 weeks before your visit to see if the show will be happening, especially if you really wanting see it.
There are a few options for viewing, so read on for more details on how to get the best spot for the show!
Photo taken from the River Belle Terrace Dining Pacakage viewing location – right along the fence that lines the Rivers of America.
FANTASMIC! DINING PACKAGES
Dining packages are a great way to see Fantasmic! Booking a dining package will guarantee you a viewing spot for the show, which is really nice so you don’t have to stress about finding a spot to watch from. See below for details about each dining package, including viewing locations for each.
Blue Bayou Dining Package
We LOVE the Blue Bayou in New Orleans Square! The dining atmosphere is one of the BEST at the parks! The patio seating is set along the waters of Pirates of the Caribbean and it’s just amazing – a great date night spot!
- Reservations for this dining package begin at 4:00 PM.
- Includes a 3-course dinner – starter, entrée and dessert – adult price is $65.00 and kiddos ages 3-9 are $25.00.
- Check out the menu items here.
- Preferred seating/viewing for Fantasmic! is for the evening of the reservation (viewing area is NOT located at the restaurant, but along the Rivers of America – more about this further down).
- Preferred viewing vouchers will be given to each guest who purchases a dining package once the meals have been paid for (kids 2 and under WILL also get a voucher). The voucher will note the viewing area location and show time. Typically the earlier the dinner reservation time, the earlier the show time (shows are at 9:00 PM and 10:30 PM).
- See the map a little further down in this post for exact viewing location.
River Belle Terrace Dining Package
UPDATE 8/8/17 – River Belle Terrace will be under refurbishment starting September 5, 2017, so Cafe Orleans (one of our all-time favorite spots to eat!) will be the place to book a Fantasmic! dining package starting August 15 for reservations on September 5 through November 16, 2017 (until River Belle Terrace re-opens). The last day to eat at River Belle Terrace for lunch or dinner will be September 4, 2017.
Cafe Orleans Dining Package Includes:
-One three-course meal (starter, entrée and dessert).
-A reserved viewing area voucher for Fantasmic! – reserved viewing location will be the same as River Belle Terrace’s viewing location.
-Pricing is $45.00 per adult and $25.00 per child (ages 3-9).
-Reservations are available from 11:30 AM until 7:30 PM.
-Reservations can be made 60 days in advance.
-You can make your reservations online or by calling 714-781-DINE.
River Belle Terrace Dining Package Details (closing September 5 for refurbishments, re-opening in November 2017)
River Belle Terrace in Frontierland is one of our top favorite restaurants in Disneyland. The atmosphere and view from the outside patio is just beautiful and the classic Southern fare is to die for!
- Reservations for this dining package start at 4:00 PM – adult price is $45.00 and kids ages 3-9 are $25.00 (kids 2 and under can order off the restaurant’s regular kids’ menu and save money!).
- Includes a 3-course meal – starter, entrée and dessert.
- Check out the menu items here.
- Preferred seating/viewing for Fantasmic! is for the evening of the reservation.
- Preferred viewing vouchers will be given to each guest who purchased a dining package (kids 2 and under WILL also get a voucher) once the meals have been paid for. The voucher will note the viewing area location and show time. Typically the earlier the dining reservation, the earlier the show time (shows are at 9:00 PM and 10:30 PM).
- See the map a little further down in this post for the exact viewing location.
- Reservations are highly recommend and can be made online or by calling (714) 781-3463 up to 60 days before your visit.
- IMPORTANT: Viewing area included in the price noted above is NOT at the restaurant, but you can upgrade your reservation to 8:00 PM “premium” seating for an additional $15.00, and watch the show right from your outside patio seat (see below for photos of the upgraded seating). Call (714) 781-3463 or make arrangements at the restaurant to upgrade your reservation to premium seating. The outside patio of River Belle Terrace has a great view of the Rivers of America, but things to consider are that the walkway in front of the upgraded viewing is where people get from one land to another, so guests will be walking there during showtime – it doesn’t really obstruct the view of the show, but it may be distracting. One great benefit to the upgraded seating is you won’t have to wait in line to get to the preferred viewing area because you will already be at your seat!
MENU AND FOOD PHOTOS
Beef Brisket Sandwich – YUM!
Maleficent Dragon dessert
PHOTOS OF SHOW FROM RIVER BELLE TERRACE VIEWING LOCATION
We took all photos below from the River Belle Terrace Dining Package viewing location, right along the fence that lines the Rivers of America. The Blue Bayou and River Belle Terrace have viewing in the same location, but Blue Bayou is more in the center.
River Belle Terrace upgraded viewing area (tables elevated a little) and the view from the tables looking out onto where Fantasmic! happens.
Hungry Bear Restaurant On-The-Go Dining Package
This is what we booked for the show’s opening night! We love the Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country and always love the on-the-go meal options when it’s just the two of us with our herd of kids – ha!
- Head to Hungry Bear Restaurant at the time of your reservation to pick-up your on-the-go meal. Once you arrive, you get to choose from four entree options (special for the show).
- Price is $29.99 per adult and $19.99 per child ages 3-9.
- Check out the menu items here.
- Preferred viewing for Fantasmic! is for the evening of the reservation (viewing area is NOT located at the restaurant).
- Preferred viewing vouchers will be given to each guest who purchases a dining package once the meals have been paid for (kids 2 and under WILL also get a voucher). The voucher will note the viewing area location and show time. Typically the earlier the dining reservation, the earlier the show time (shows are at 9:00 PM, 10:30 PM and 11: 30 PM).
- You can enjoy your meal at a table on the restaurant patio or take it anywhere in the park to eat.
- Reservations can be made online or by calling (714)-781-3463 up to 60 days before your visit.
If your kiddos are under the age of 3, you can always ask a Cast Member at the restaurant if they can order off the regular kids menu (much cheaper!) – we’ve been able to do this with no problems. If you have a kiddo who is 3 and over, and you don’t see anything on the kids’ dinner menu that you think they’d like, you can still try to ask the Cast Member if you can see the regular kiddo menu.
DINING PACKAGE VIEWING AREAS
The viewing area for the Hungry Bear Restaurant on-the-go meal is definitely more off to the side, BUT if you arrive early enough (we usually arrive 2 hours before show time…crazy, but people start lining up way in advance!), you can get a spot closest to where the River Belle Terrace and Blue Bayou dining area starts (you can see things a little better if you’re closer to the rope that starts the viewing area for Blue Bayou). The preferred viewing areas for the Hungry Bear Restaurant, River Belle Terrace and Blue Bayou section all allow guests to sit, so we recommend bringing a blanket. Strollers must be parked ahead of time or folded next to you in the seating area.
The River Belle Terrace and Blue Bayou viewing section is sitting only and located in the middle of the walkway along the Rivers of America – one of the best views – front and center! See photo above for the upgraded viewing area/seating for River Belle Terrace. If you sit closer to the fence that lines the river, keep in mind, you will get a misting of water from the show (it’s not too intense, but you might get a little wet), so we recommend bringing blankets and jackets because it can get chilly.
All dining package vouchers that you’ll receive once you pay for your meal will note an area to return to, a return time and a show time. Dining reservations for earlier in the evening will be scheduled to see the 9:00 PM show, but later reservations will be scheduled at the 10:30 PM show. Unfortunately, you can’t see a show that isn’t noted on your voucher. If you have young kiddos, we recommend trying to make your reservation between 4:00-6:00ish to get the 9:00 PM show (reservations at all restaurants start at 4:00 PM).
For all dining package viewing areas, we think arriving at least an hour and a half in advance is best so you can get a spot toward the front, or along the fence that lines the waters of the Rivers of America.
For standby viewing (guests without a fast pass or dining package voucher), we recommend scoping out the areas about 2 hours in advance since the show is very popular – if people are already reserving spots, then try to get yours! One of the better spots for standby viewing is on the bridge that goes over Pirates of the Caribbean’s line queue – it’s elevated and offers a good view of the show! Another good spot is the level above the dining package voucher viewing locations.
If you plan to watch the show with a Fast Pass, we suggest heading to the Fast Pass distribution machines in front of the Mark Twain when the park opens, before they run out. Also, the sooner you get your Fast Pass, the better your viewing spot will be! We think it’s best to head to your Fast Pass viewing location at least an hour before your Fantasmic! showtime to scope out the situation – if you see people lining up already, or sitting/standing in the viewing area, then we recommend doing the same!
Fireworks After 9:00 PM Fantasmic!
The fireworks spectacular will start at 9:30 PM (weather permitting), after the 9:00 PM Fantasmic! If you’d like to watch fireworks, stay put in your spot along the Rivers of America – there won’t be enough time to make it to Main Street to watch. The nice thing about watching fireworks along the river is they project the images that go on the castle onto water screens – it’s awesome! The music is piped through the speakers along the river and you will have a great view of the fireworks.
Fireworks after Fantasmic!