If you’re heading to Disneyland with a baby or toddler, we have some suggestions on things to do! This list may vary from person to person, but we can assure you that majority of the things we share are the most popular among this age group!
BEST “LANDS” & RIDES
- Fantasyland – one of the more popular lands w/ most of the kiddo rides (all rides except Matterhorn have no height requirement). We recommend riding Peter Pan, Dumbo, & Alice in Wonderland first thing in the AM before the other Fantasyland rides (all 3 of these have perpetually long lines).
- Toontown – explore Mickey & his friends’ homes
More favorite rides in other lands:
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in Critter Country
- The Jungle Cruise in Adventureland
- Autopia in Tomorrowland (32″ & above to ride)
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (for those of you who aren’t claustrophobic like us , then it’s )
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion has no height requirement, but can be scary for some little ones (Haunted Mansion Holiday during Halloween & Christmas is a little less spooky for our kids).
- The Disneyland Railroad (re-opening Summer 2017, but the trains are parked at the Main Street & New Orleans Square stations for guests to explore)
- Mark Twain & Sailing Ship Columbia (re-opening for trips around the Rivers of America Summer 2017 – The Mark Twain is docked in Frontierland for guests to explore)
- The vehicles of Main Street
- Mickey & the Magical Map (only Friday, Saturday, Sunday, & Monday)
- The Enchanted Tiki Room in Adventureland
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple in Tomorrowland
- The Main Street Electrical Parade (parades change seasonally, so whatever parade is happening at the time you’re visiting, we recommend seeing it! They never disappoint!)
- “Remember…Dreams Come True” fireworks (currently only on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Fireworks also change seasonally, so we recommend seeing whatever show is happening during your visit)
- Main Street Cinema – classic cartoons play throughout the day
- Fantasmic (returning Summer 2017)
- The Disneyland Band (multiple showtimes & performance locations throughout the day) – our favorite stop they make is at Town Square in front of the Main Street Train Station (pictured above). Everyday at 12:30, you can watch the Disneyland Band accompanied by Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald & Chip ‘n Dale, & occasionally the Dapper Dans for a quick song & dance! They start at the castle at 12:15, then invite everyone watching them at that location to join in a march along down Main Street where they end at Town Square. We prefer to just wait at Town Square to watch the main part of the show. It’s one of our favorite things to share with anyone heading to Disneyland for the first time. A must-see!
CHARACTERS (Download the Disneyland App for all character locations & appearance times)
- Our kids love to see Mickey & his friends in Toontown! You can read all about the Toontown opening with a welcome from characters here. If you’ve never experienced this, it’s a must!
- Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Daisy and Chip ‘n Dale greet guests on Main Street! This is a great place to get a few character photos & autographs done, especially if you arrive right when the park opens when lines to meet them are shorter.
- Toy Story is always a fan favorite, so be sure to stop by and see Woody & Jessie in Frontierland!
- Tinkerbell & her fairy friends at Pixie Hollow
- If you have a little princess fan, check out our princess day tips & information here.
We always make a point to let our kids get some play time in multiple times throughout the course of our day at the parks. Letting them get their wiggles out makes the day go so much smoother! You can see all of our favorite spots to let kids run free here
More helpful information (click on each title to be redirected to a new page with the info):