CRITTER COUNTRY GUIDE
Critter Country is just pure nostalgia for us! We’ve loved Splash Mountain since we were kids (one of us tried out for jr. high performing arts singing “zip-a-dee-doo-dah” …haha!), so we can’t go to Disneyland without at least walking through! In the AM, it’s completely empty & what slow Disney day dreams are made of!
- Splash Mountain – 40″ to ride
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (we’ve never waited longer than 10 min for this ride – it’s the best) – no ht. requirement
Splash Mountain offers Fast Pass, but we only recommend getting one if it’s a really busy day! We’ve been many times where we were able to walk right on (mornings are especially good for this). On cooler days, the line tends to be shorter, and during Summer/the hottest days of the year, the wait time is one of the longest! Splash Mountain also offers Single Rider if you want to cut down your wait time by riding alone – just enter through the exit to ride.
- Pooh, Tigger, & Eeyore – you only have to wait in one line to see up to 3 characters, one right after the next!
- We’ve also seen Rabbit & Piglet, but not as often as the others.
- Pooh Corner – where you can find all the treats we share – Caramal Apples, Mickey Rice Krispies & lots more (all of the same offerings as The Candy Palace on Main St)!
- Hungry Bear Restaurant – wraps, burgers, sandwiches, salads, funnel cake & more! This is one of our go-to spots for lunch or dinner. When the Rivers of America opens back up, it’ll be nice to sit & watch the Mark Twain go by again!
- Harbour Galley – lobster rolls, lobster bisque, clam chowder, fishermen’s salad & more! This place also has one of our favorite seating areas in the park. If you walk to the side of the restaurant where the Sailing Ship Columbia is docked, you’ll find a somewhat hidden seating area & a secret path to Critter Country that overlooks Splash Mountain.
- Pooh Corner – Hundred-Acre Wood souvenirs & more!
- The Briar Patch – for all your Mickey ears (name embroidery done here)!
During the Holidays, Santa is at Pooh’s Thotful Spot until Dec 24th!