Meeting characters is kind of a big deal for kiddos! It’s so fun to see how excited little ones get when they meet their favorites! We make it a point to at least see one character during our weekly visits. Be sure to bring along or purchase an autograph book at the parks! A few of our favorite things we’ve seen people have characters sign with a sharpie include a plain t-shirt (must not be worn for them to sign), pillow case, 8×10 piece of card stock to be framed after all characters have signed in different colors (so cute!), and plain canvas tote bag! Keep in mind, not all characters sign autographs, BUT majority do!
The best way to know where characters are located is to download the official Disneyland App. The app shows a map view of characters with a Mickey icon to click on at each location as well as a list of character names. All you have to do is click on a character & appearance times will pop up as well as exact location.
A few of our favorite character meet & greets in Disneyland:
- Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Daisy and Chip ‘n Dale on Main Street. If you wait near the double doors by Livery Service & Stable on Main Street, you can see the characters enter one after the next! The best time to do this is in the morning before the parks open (remember, the gates to the parks open about 20-30 minutes prior to official open time for guests to wander Main Street shops, grab coffee, etc) or right after the daily Flag Retreat Ceremony ends in the afternoon. Once the ceremony ends, the characters will make their way back out onto Main Street from the double doors. It’s the perfect time to snap some photos of your kids waving, saying hello, giving hugs, etc!
- Tinker Bell & her fairy friends at Pixie Hollow (usually up to 1 other fairy friend appears with her if she’s not alone)
- Princesses at Royal Hall in Fantasy Faire. There are typically up to 3 princesses to meet inside Royal Hall and one princess outside in the Fantasy Faire courtyard. A sign with the Princesses you can meet is posted outside Royal Hall daily.
- Storm Troopers in Tomorrowland. They wander around the streets, so lining up for a photo isn’t an option, but you can follow close behind them and stop them for photos.
- Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy in Toontown. Check out our information about Toontown opening here. It’s definitely something you won’t want to miss!
- Princess Tiana on the Mark Twain in Frontierland (sometimes accompanied by Dr. Facilier).
- Woody and Jessie in Frontierland near the Petrified Tree or just inside the Frontierland entrance.
- Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore in Critter Country. The best part about this character meet and greet is the fact that you only have to wait in ONE line to meet up to 3 characters, one right after the next! Rabbit and Piglet occasionally make appearances, but aren’t as common as the other 3.
- Moana at Aladdin’s Oasis in Adventureland.
- Peter Pan & Captain Hook – they wander around Fantasyland and near the Matterhorn
- Alice in Wonderland & The Mad Hatter – they also wander around Fantasyland & areas near the Matterhorn
- Mary Poppins & Bert – wander near the Matterhorn & along north end of Main Street.