Characters are a big part of a kiddo’s day at the parks, and both parks are home to many of the same, but a few different characters. If your child has their heart set on meeting a specific character, be sure to download the Disneyland App to see what characters are available, appearance times and locations. It is an extremely helpful tool for planning your day!
Be sure to bring along an autograph book or other fun item for a character to sign. A few of our favorite things we’ve seen people have characters sign with a sharpie include a plain t-shirt (must not be worn for them to sign), pillow case, 8×10 piece of card stock to be framed after all characters have signed in different colors (so cute!), and plain canvas tote bag! Keep in mind, not all characters sign autographs, BUT majority do!
Our favorite Character meet and greets at California Adventure:
- Anna and Elsa at the Animation Academy
- Olaf in Hollywood Land
- Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps in Hollywood Land or across from the Little Mermaid ride on Paradise Pier
- Captain America and Spider Man across from the Hyperion Theater in Hollywood Land
- Woody, Jessie and Buzz across from Mickey’s Fun Wheel on Paradise Pier
- Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Daisy on Buena Vista Street
- Pluto at Grizzly Peak Airfield
- Lightning McQueen, Red and Mater in Cars Land