If you’re looking for the best rides, entertainment & tips for a day at California Adventure with little ones, we’ve got you covered! Read on for all of our suggestions! You can see our tips for a day at Disneyland with a baby or toddler here.
BEST RIDES IN CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
- Luigi’s Rollicking Roadsters & Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree in Cars Land (HIGHLY recommend riding in the AM as lines can get long! Must be 32″ & above)
- Toy Story Midway Mania (Line also gets long for this one! Also, this ride has abrupt movements so we feel like babies are more secure in wraps/carriers)
- The Little Mermaid
- The Golden Zephyr
- Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train & Flik’s Flyers in A Bug’s Land
- Monsters, Inc Mike & Sulley to the Rescue
- The Red Car Trolley
- King Triton’s Carrousel
- Mickey’s Fun Wheel (if you aren’t afraid of heights! Also, we always choose the NON-swinging gondolas)!
- The Red Car Trolley News Boys (our favorite!)
- The Animation Academy (Turtle Talk with Crush & other fun things inside)!
- Disney Junior Live on Stage
- Frozen Live at the Hyperion (see our post about seeing the show, stroller parking, show packages here
- World of Color (Fast Pass available at Grizzly River Run)
- Five & Dime
- Live music at Paradise Garden Bandstand
- Operation Playtime! Featuring the Green Army men from Toy Story
- DJ’s Dance & Drive in Cars Land
- The lights come on every night at sunset in Cars Land, JUST like in the movie. It’s a must-see!
OUR KIDS’ FAVORITE CHARACTER MEET & GREETS (Be sure to download the officla Disneyland App for all character locations & appearance times)
- Mater, Red, & Lightning McQueen in Cars Land (they’re the actual full size cars, not someone in a costume )
- Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy & Goofy can be found on Buena Vista Street
- Pluto can be found at the Grizzly Peak Airfield
- Judy Hopps & Nicke Wilde in Hollywood Land
- Anna & Elsa at the Animation Academy
- Olaf in Hollywood Land
- Sofia the First & Doc McStuffins are in Hollywood Land
- Captain America & Spiderman are in Hollywood Land
We make sure to give our kids plenty of playtime while we’re at the parks! It makes waiting in lines, sitting in strollers, etc, less stressful if they get their wiggles out! You can see our favorite places for running around here.
More helpful information below! Just click on each title to be redirected!