If you’re looking for the best rides, entertainment & tips for a day at California Adventure with little ones, we’ve got you covered! Read on for all of our suggestions! You can see our tips for a day at Disneyland with a baby or toddler here.
BEST RIDES IN CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
- Luigi’s Rollicking Roadsters and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree in Cars Land (HIGHLY recommend riding in the AM as lines can get long! Must be 32″ & above)
- Toy Story Midway Mania (Line also gets long for this one! Also, this ride has abrupt movements so we feel like babies are more secure in wraps/carriers)
- The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- The Golden Zephyr
- Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train
- Flik’s Flyers in A Bug’s Land
- Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue
- The Red Car Trolley
- King Triton’s Carousel
- Mickey’s Fun Wheel (if you aren’t afraid of heights! Also, we always choose the NON-swinging gondolas)!
- The Red Car Trolley Newsboys – one of our favorites and Mickey makes an appearance!
- The Animation Academy building – Turtle Talk with Crush, The Sorcerer’s Work Shop, Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome (meet Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf) and the Animation Academy are all inside this fun spot!
- Disney Junior Dance Party!
- Frozen Live at the Hyperion (see our post about seeing the show, stroller parking, and show packages here).
- World of Color – Fast Pass available next to The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure attraction
- Five & Dime on Buena Vista Street
- Live music at the Paradise Garden Bandstand
- Operation Playtime! Featuring the Green Army men from Toy Story – performance happens out in front of the Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- DJ’s Dance and Drive in Cars Land
- Cars Land at sunset – the neon lights come on every night at sunset in Cars Land, JUST like in the movie. It’s a must-see!
OUR KIDS’ FAVORITE CHARACTER MEET & GREETS (Be sure to download the official Disneyland App for all character locations and appearance times)
- Mater, Red, Cruz and Lightning McQueen in Cars Land (they’re the actual full size cars, not someone in a costume, ha!)
- Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy can be found on Buena Vista Street in their 1920’s outfits – so cute!
- Pluto can be found in front of the plane at Grizzly Peak Airfield
- Judy Hopps and Nicke Wilde are across from the Little Mermaid attraction on Paradise Pier
- Anna and Elsa at the Animation Academy
- Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins are in Hollywood Land
- Captain America and Spiderman are in Hollywood Land
We make sure to give our kids plenty of playtime while we’re at the parks – it makes waiting in lines, sitting in strollers, etc, less stressful if they get their wiggles out! You can see our favorite places to let littles get their energy out here.
More helpful information below! Just click on each title to be redirected!