We have plenty of warm days at the parks during the year! Warm weather starts in July and goes all the way through October. Some of the hottest days we see are typically from August-October.
We have a few essential items we like to bring with us for the warmer temps! Those items include:
- Spray Bottle (can be found in the travel toiletry section at Target)
- Stroller Fan – Dream Baby Stroller fan has worked really well for us. You can also purchase this fan at Bed, Bath & Beyond or Walmart (usually cheapest at Walmart)
- The spray bottle/fan combo sold at the parks is worth the $18 in our opinion, but it doesn’t clip to stroller, only has an attached lanyard to be worn around the neck. They work great!
- Change of clothes so kids can play in the splash pads (read on for these locations)
- Sandals or shoes that can get wet in the splash pads. Native Shoes are our favorite for warm days – they’re breathable, can get wet, don’t smell from sweat & come in tons of colors!
- Hats for mama & kiddos – Brixton makes our favorite straw hat we often get asked about.
- Extra shirt for mom & dad (trust us, it’s worth it to have a change of clothes ha!)
Below you’ll find a list of places in both parks to escape the heat!
Our kids at the splash pad in their Native Shoes
ESCAPE THE HEAT IN DISNEYLAND
- ️Giant marble ball fountain in Tomorrowland, in front of Pizza Port (pictured above). Kids love it!
- The Disney Gallery & Great Moments w/ Mr. Lincoln (especially the lobby)
- ️The Main Street Cinema
- ️The shops on Main Street! All of the shops are attached, so you can walk the length of Main Street (on both sides) in air conditioning
- ️The Tiki Room (15 minute show in ice cold air conditioning & dole whips!)
- ️The Golden Horseshoe (entertainment & food, & Root Beer Floats!)
- ️Star Wars Launch Bay
- ️Star Wars: Path of the Jedi (10 minute re-telling of the Star Wars saga)
- ️It’s a Small World & Pirates of the Caribbean (both rides are around 15 minutes & air conditioned) & of course, Splash Mountain
- ️”Mickey & the Magical Map” at The Fantasyland Theatre
- ️The Mark Twain is a nice escape w/ tables & chairs in the shade on the boat
ESCAPE THE HEAT IN CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
- ️Paradise Park Splash Pad (pictured above)
- Princess Dot Puddle Park in A Bug’s Land
- The Animation Academy – inside the building – a giant room with clips of Disney movies & music playing on big screens, Turtle Talk w/ Crush, Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome, & Sorcerer’s Workshop
- ️Disney Junior Live On Stage
- ️It’s Tough To Be A Bug (theater)
- Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land
- ️Grizzly River Run (water ride) & if you need just a misting of water or you want to get soaked, stand by the waterfalls around the ride viewing area or the “Grizzly Peak/Bear Claw Falls” waterfall (just past Carthay Circle Lounge, on your way to Cars Land)
- The Redwood Creek Challenge Trail has some really nice shaded spots
- ️Starbucks on Buena Vista Street
- The shops on Buena Vista Street are all attached to walk through (on both sides of the street) & air conditioned
- The Grand Californian Hotel lobby