Which attractions have no height requirement and what rides allow baby wearing are two of the topics we get asked about most! Some may be surprised to find out that there are actually quite a few attractions in both parks that have no height requirement! In regards to babywearing, we definitely recommend baby wearing at Disneyland, especially if you have more than one kiddo – hands-free!
When it comes to babywearing on attractions, we suggest asking a Cast Member at each ride with no height requirement that you’d like to go on if you can keep your baby in your carrier/wrap. We’ve never been told to take our kids out except for on TWO rides (Astro Orbiters and the Golden Zephyr), but we know it happens because we’ve had many mamas tell us it has happened for them on other rides. Guests are also sometimes advised to have babies facing forward (if not already in a forward facing carrier). It should be a consistent rule for all attractions, but we think it may just depend on who’s working!
That said, here are a list of attractions with no height requirement at Disneyland – rides that babies can go on either lap sitting, sitting next to an adult or person age 14 and up, or in a carrier:
- ALL Fantasyland attractions (except Matterhorn) – includes Snow White’s Scary Adventure, Pinocchio’s Daring Journey, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, King Arthur Carrousel, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, Peter Pan’s Flight, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Storybook Land Canal Boats, The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, Alice in Wonderland & it’s a small world.
- Finding Nemo’s Submarine Voyage
- Buzz Lightyear’s Astroblasters
- Astro Orbiters (no baby wearing and babies/kids MUST wear either socks or shoes)
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- The Haunted Mansion
- The Jungle Cruise
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin (we’ve had a few people tell us they did have to have their babies facing forward on this ride. This is not one of our favorites – a little too rough!)
- The Disneyland Railroad
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Sailing Ship Columbia
Rides in California Adventure:
- The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Monster’s, Inc. – Mike & Sully to the Rescue
- The Red Car Trolley
- The Golden Zephyr (NO lap sitting and NO baby wearing allowed – only 2 per row)
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- Mickey’s Fun Wheel
- King Triton’s Carousel
- Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train
- Flik’s Flyers
- Francis’ Ladybug Boogie
Most rides allow up to 3 in a row (if baby is in a carrier it’s usually okay to add one more – which means 4 total could be in a row), with the exception of a few that allow 4 or more like It’s a Small World, Jungle Cruise, and Pirates of the Caribbean. You can check out our post about how many people attractions allow per row here.