Our favorite time of year is almost here and we can’t contain our excitement! The Festival of Holidays and Christmas Celebration at Disneyland Resort begins on November 10 and will go all the way through the beginning of next year, ending on January 7, 2018. If you’re heading to the parks between those dates, we want to help in planning your day(s) at either park by sharing that you can check the daily entertainment schedule for both parks up to 6 weeks before your visit. Currently, the calendar shows up to 6 weeks out from today’s date (October 14, 2017), but obviously as time goes on, everyone will be able to look into December’s schedule as well.
A Christmas Fantasy Parade
On most days there are TWO Christmas Fantasy Parades in the afternoon, which is great because then families can decide which one will work better for their schedule of attractions, etc. Just be sure to check the daily entertainment schedule to find out if there will be one or two parades scheduled (again, most days have two, but there are some that only offer one show time).
“Believe…In Holiday Magic” Fireworks Spectacular
In regards to “Believe…In Holiday Magic” Fireworks Spectacular (an absolute MUST-SEE!), there is always ONE show EVERY evening (weather permitting, there is always a chance the show can be cancelled due to wind, etc) of the holiday season (not just on the weekends anymore!). The fireworks will either be at 8:45 PM or 9:30 PM, depending on the day, so again, be sure to check the entertainment schedule for the one evening showtime during your visit. Just to give you an idea of how amazing these fireworks are, see a few clips below!
Fantasmic! isn’t a Christmas-themed show, but for those who have followed along with us and read how many times we’ve shared that Fantasmic! doesn’t happen every night of the week during slow season (ha!), guess what?! Starting toward the end of November, Fantasmic! will happen every night! Be sure to check the schedule during your visit to ensure it is happening, especially if you’re visiting on a Monday-Thursday (the nights it won’t happen during weekdays toward the beginning of November would be those nights, just Friday-Sunday).
World of Color – Season of Light
At California Adventure, World of Color Season of Light will either be happening ONE or TWO times a night. The entertainment schedule on the day of your visit is the best way to know how many show times there will be. This is another MUST-SEE!
More Entertainment in Both Parks
There are lots of other shows to enjoy in both parks, but the ones we noted above are the biggest shows at the parks. See below for some more fun entertainment show times. When you head into the main gates at California Adventure, be sure to pick up a Festival of Holidays entertainment schedule pamphlet OR check the Disneyland App for special entertainment times. Festival of Holidays (includes special food booths, entertainment and activities for kids) is from 9:00 AM – 11:00 PM daily.
Entertainment Times for Festival of Holidays Shows in California Adventure:
- ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party at Paradise Pier (between Paradise Gardens and Jumpin’ Jellyfish – our absolute favorite!) – 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:15 PM, 4:15 PM, 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM
- Blue 13 Dance Company on Paradise Pier (in front of the Mickey Wheel) – 12:15 PM, 12:55 PM, 2:55 PM, 3:40 PM
- Mostly Kosher at Pacific Wharf – 10:45 AM, 11:35 AM, 1:30 PM, 2:15 PM, 4:25 PM, 5:10 PM
- The Sound at Paradise Pier – 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 4:20 PM, 5:40 PM
- Holiday Toy Drummers at Pacific Wharf (another must-see!) – 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 1:30 PM, 3:10 PM, 4:05 PM
- Mariachi Divas at Pacific Wharf – 2:40 PM, 3:40 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:20 PM
- Princess Elena’s Musical Grand Arrival (between Paradise Gardens and Jumpin’ Jellyfish) – 12:35 PM, 1:50 PM, 3:25 PM, 4:50 PM