Happy Tuesday, Everyone!
We’re so excited to share a reminder about our CHOC Walk team, some basic CHOC Walk info, some REALLY exciting perks for CHOC Walkers (really discounted Disneyland Resort tickets…WHAT?! YES.), AND a fun way to “participate” via SHOPPING for some INCREDIBLY cute jewelry! Sound like fun? We hope so! READ ON, PARTY PEOPLE!
First thing’s first. Some basic info. CHOC Walk is a yearly fundraising walk that takes place IN Disneyland – before the park opens – to raise money for the Children’s Hospital of Orange County! Such a fun morning for such an amazing cause. Disney and CHOC have a long history of working together, and we’re so excited to put a team together this year to participate! If you’re considering walking, fundraising or just donating from afar, please read on (read to the bottom to find out how to SHOP with KEEP COLLECTIVE for the MKM CHOC WALK TEAM!).
MAGIC KINGDOM MAMAS TEAM
We would love for you to join our team! It’s SO easy. All you have to do to join our team is register on the CHOC Walk in the Park website, then click “Join a Team!” You’ll find our team by searching “Magic Kingdom Mamas.”
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to participate in the walk in the park, you MUST raise at least $85. Just think – if you could get 10 family members to donate their Starbucks drink and pastry budget to your goal for one day, you’d be set! Haha! The $85 goes straight to CHOC. You can either donate this amount yourself to guarantee your spot, or begin fundraising today! If you won’t be able to make it to the parks for the walk, you can always participate as a “sleeping bear” from home by making a donation on the CHOC Walk in the Parks donate page!
If you do decide to walk (YAY!), DOWNLOAD THE FREE CHOC WALK APP! It allows you to track your donations, communicate with your team and more. It is user-friendly and really helpful!
CHOC Walk General Information
- Start time on August 27 – 6:30 a.m.
- Opening Ceremony takes place on Main Street U.S.A. at 6:15 a.m.
- Entrance cutoff time – COMING SOON!
- The 5K walk route goes through Disneyland, California Adventure and ends in Downtown Disney.
- Minimum donation to participate is $85 (ages 3 and older) – all proceeds benefit healthcare programs, education, and research for CHOC Children’s Hospital and CHOC at Mission (kids ages 2 and under are FREE!).
- The CHOC Walk information booth will open at 5:00 a.m. in the esplanade between Disneyland and California Adventure’s main entrances.
- PARKING is FREE at the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure on Disneyland Drive or the Pumbaa Lot on Disney Way (The Mickey and Friends Tram DOES NOT run during this time).
IMPORTANT!!! CHOC Walk PRE-CHECK IN!
Participants MUST to go to the location listed below DURING THE WEEK BEFORE the walk to pick up the official CHOC Walk wristband and t-shirt. If you cannot make it to one of the pick-up dates noted below, a friend or family member can pick-up the the wrist band and shirt for you. Out-of-town guests can pay the shipping and handling fee of $10 when registering to receive your check-in wristband and shirt in the mail. PLEASE make sure your address is correct (and not a P.O. box), as this will also be the address to which your prizes are mailed! There will be NO CHECK-IN the morning of the event (August 27).
Check in Office Location
505 South Main Street, Suite 175
Orange CA 92868
EXCITING PERKS FOR CHOC WALKERS!!!
Discounted Disneyland and California Adventure Tickets
CHOC Walk participants get to take advantage of GREAT ticket deals! Once you complete the walk in Downtown Disney, head to the appropriate booth to present your CHOC Walk wrist band to purchase up to FIVE 1-Day tickets to either Disneyland or California Adventure for just $57.00 (usually $95+) OR 1-Day Park Hopper ticket to Disneyland AND California Adventure for just $86.00 (usually $150.00+). Discounted tickets may be used between 8/27/17 and 9/23/17 with block out dates on 9/1/17-9/4/17, 9/15/17, and 9/20/17-9/22/17.
CHOC Walk Participant Prizes:
DID YOU KNOW…if you raise $450, you win 2 DISNEYLAND RESORT 1-PARK, 1-DAY TICKETS?! YEP! Read on for more info on prizes!
- CHOC Walk in the Park t-shirt
- FREE Original Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich – participant must bring their 2017 CHOC Walk in the Park wristband to any Orange County Chick-fil-A location to redeem sandwich. Closed on Sundays.
- 2017 CHOC Walk commemorative pin (pictured above)
- CHOC Walk in the Park t-shirt
- FREE Original Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich – participant must bring their 2017 CHOC Walk in the Park wristband to any Orange County Chick-fil-A location to redeem sandwich. Closed on Sundays)
- 2017 CHOC Walk commemorative pin (pictured above).
- 2017 CHOC Walk in the Park lanyard and medallion (pictured above).
CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE AMAZING PRIZES!
If you plan to stay the night of August 26th, be sure to take advantage of the special room rates at the hotels listed below!
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa (last we checked, the Grand Californian block was sold out, BUT you’re welcome to continue checking back in case existing room reservations are cancelled!)
- Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort
- Anaheim Marriott
- Springhill Suites Anaheim $145- reservations (844) 473-3953 – reference CHOC Walk in the Park for the special deal
- Ayres Hotels – reference CHOC17 for the special deal
- ALO Hotel $99- reservations (888) 268-7974
- Ayres Hotel Orange $119- reservations (714) 919-7940
- Ayres Hotel Anaheim $119- reservations (800) 595-5692
PHEW! Lots of info…have you made it this far?! Good! We’ve saved the best for last.
KEEP COLLECTIVE + DISNEY
We are SO excited to let you know about a really fun way that you can donate to our team’s overall goal! We shared our LOVE for these KEEP Collective bracelets about a week ago on our Instagram account. Our sweet friend, Nicolina Alves, is a fellow working mama, AP holder, Disney enthusiast (her kids start their morning by saying “WAKE UP, JOSE!” like in the Tiki Room – haha!)! She is also a KEEP Collective Designer and has generously offered to share a portion of her commission from sales made using the following link to our Magic Kingdom Mamas CHOC Walk team!