We recently attended an evening at the Disneyland Hotel’s Blue Sky Suite to learn more about the 27th annual CHOC Walk in the Park on its NEW date – August 27th! The CHOC Walk is the ONLY fundraising event that takes place INSIDE Disneyland – so amazing and such a great cause! We had the privilege of meeting 2017’s CHOC Walk Ambassador, Jordin Jackson and her sweet family! You can read her incredible story and journey here.
Isn’t Jordin just the cutest?!
MAGIC KINGDOM MAMAS TEAM
We are so excited to share that we are getting a Magic Kingdom Mamas team together for the first time! We would love for you to join us! All you have to do to join our team is register on the CHOC Walk in the Park website, then click “Join a Team!” You’ll find our team by searching “Magic Kingdom Mamas.”
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to participate in the walk in the park, you MUST raise at least $85. Just think – if you could get 10 family members to donate their Starbucks drink and pastry budget to your goal for one day, you’d be set! Haha! The $85 goes straight to CHOC. You can either donate this amount yourself to guarantee your spot, or begin fundraising today!
You can also get your own team together by creating an account on the CHOC Walk in the Park website, clicking “Create Team,” then make a “Personal Fundraising Page.”
If you won’t be able to make it to the parks for the walk, you can always participate as a “sleeping bear” from home by making a donation on the CHOC Walk in the Parks donate page!
CHOC Walk Details
- Start time on August 27 – 6:30 a.m.
- Opening Ceremony takes place on Main Street U.S.A. at 6:15 a.m.
- Entrance cutoff time – COMING SOON!
- The 5K walk route goes through Disneyland, California Adventure and ends in Downtown Disney.
- Minimum donation to participate is $85 (ages 3 and older) – all proceeds benefit healthcare programs, education, and research for CHOC Children’s Hospital and CHOC at Mission.
- Kids ages 2 and under are FREE.
- The CHOC Walk information booth will open at 5:00 a.m. in the esplanade between Disneyland and California Adventure’s main entrances.
- PARKING is FREE at the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure on Disneyland Drive or the Pumbaa Lot on Disney Way (The Mickey and Friends Tram DOES NOT run during this time).
CHOC Walk Check-in
Participants will need to go to one of the locations listed below to pick up the official CHOC Walk wristband and t-shirt. If you cannot make it to one of the pick-up dates noted below, a friend or family member can pick-up the the wrist band and shirt for you. There will be NO CHECK-IN the morning of the event (August 27).
***Guests who paid the shipping and handling fee when they registered will receive their shirt and wristband in the mail.
Check in Office Location
505 South Main Street, Suite 175
Orange CA 92868
Discounted Disneyland and California Adventure Tickets
CHOC Walk participants get to take advantage of GREAT ticket deals! Once you complete the walk in Downtown Disney, head to the appropriate booth to present your CHOC Walk wrist band to purchase up to FIVE 1-Day tickets to either Disneyland or California Adventure for just $57.00 (usually $95+) OR 1-Day Park Hopper ticket to Disneyland AND California Adventure for just $86.00 (usually $150.00+). Discounted tickets may be used between 8/27/17 and 9/23/17 with block out dates on 9/1/17-9/4/17, 9/15/17, and 9/20/17-9/22/17.
CHOC Walk Participant Prizes
- CHOC Walk in the Park t-shirt
- FREE Original Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich – participant must bring their 2017 CHOC Walk in the Park wristband to any Orange County Chick-fil-A location to redeem sandwich. Closed on Sundays.
- 2017 CHOC Walk commemorative pin (pictured above)
- CHOC Walk in the Park t-shirt
- FREE Original Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich – participant must bring their 2017 CHOC Walk in the Park wristband to any Orange County Chick-fil-A location to redeem sandwich. Closed on Sundays)
- 2017 CHOC Walk commemorative pin (pictured above).
- 2017 CHOC Walk in the Park lanyard and medallion (pictured above).
CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE AMAZING PRIZES!
If you plan to stay the night of August 26th, be sure to take advantage of the special room rates at the hotels listed below!
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort
- Anaheim Marriott
- Springhill Suites Anaheim $145- reservations (844) 473-3953 – reference CHOC Walk in the Park for the special deal
- Ayres Hotels – reference CHOC17 for the special deal
- ALO Hotel $99- reservations (888) 268-7974
- Ayres Hotel Orange $119- reservations (714) 919-7940
- Ayres Hotel Anaheim $119- reservations (800) 595-5692
MORE CHOC WALK FUN
Taste of Downtown Disney – August 10, 2017
Enjoy the flavors of fine cuisine, wine and spirits at Downtown Disney on August 10! This experience takes guests to eight locations in Downtown Disney to enjoy some delicious eats and beverages, then the evening ends with an assortment of treats!
Ticket information will be released soon. Click here to purchase tickets.
If you have ANY questions about the CHOC Walk, you can call the hotline at 714-509-4000 or email Chocwalk@choc.org.