Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! Details
We’ve had some questions about what Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! will entail, including what the height requirement will be, Fast Pass details, etc. If you’re interested in this information as well as the attraction’s storyline, see below!
- Height requirement: 40 inches
- Fast Pass AND Rider Switch will be available – click here to read about these.
- Fast Pass distribution is located directly across the walkway from the ride entrance. If you’re wanting to ride this attraction, we highly recommend getting a Fast Pass FIRST thing in the morning when the park opens. We imagine Fast Passes will run out quickly and once they’re gone, they don’t distribute anymore until the following day! If you want to ride standby, we suggest heading straight to the ride when the park opens for the shortest wait time.
- This attraction will have the same mechanics as Tower of Terror – big drops!
Guests will get to be a part of Rocket’s rescue mission to save his friends (the Guardians of the Galaxy) from the top of The Collector’s fortress (Rocket is the only one who escaped his glass display case)! The Collector’s name is Taneleer Tivan, the “keeper of the largest assemblage of fauna, relics and species from across the cosmos” (direct quote from Disneyland’s website); the Guardians of the Galaxy are his latest and greatest possessions, and he’s showing them off as a special exhibit for guests to see! Before guests board the gantry lift to help Rocket rescue his friends, they will have to raise their arms for a “bio scan” to obtain clearance to enter The Collector’s private office, and see the Guardians of the Galaxy on display in their glass cases.
As you can probably imagine, the rescue mission doesn’t all go smoothly (hence the ups and down with the ride’s drops)! The attraction will feature SIX different escape scenarios, each including a different song – that means every time you ride, you could be experiencing a different version of the attraction. How fun is that?!
The songs include:
- “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” by Pat Benatar
- “Give Up The Funk” by Parliament
- “Born To Be Wild” by Steppenwolf
- “I Want You Back” by The Jackson 5 (OUR FAVE!)
- “Free Ride” by The Edgar Winters Group
- “Burning Love” by Elvis Presley
Photo Credit: Disney Parks Blog
We will be at California Adventure on May 26 to experience the ride during the premiere party, so be sure to follow along on our Instagram story that night for a look at the attraction and Summer of Heroes before all the fun debuts to everyone on May 27!
Summer of Heroes
Summer of Heroes will start on May 27 at California Adventure and continue through September 10! There are so many fun things to look forward to, especially if you have young kids! See below for details on what to expect.
- “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance-Off” with Star-Lord and Gamora! The party will feature classic tunes from Star-Lord’s boom box! You’ll likely find us here for most of the Summer. Ha! CAN’T WAIT!
- Visit Super Heroes in Hollywood Land – Captain America, Spider Man will still be in Hollywood Land for photos. Groot will be the newest addition to the Super Hero Meet and Greets – we aren’t sure if he will be in the same location as Captain America and Spider Man, but we will update as soon as we know.
- “Avengers Training Initiative” – This sounds like it might be a little like Jedi Training in Disneyland, but the Super Hero version! Kiddos will get to learn techniques and skills from Black Widow and Hawkeye and may be chosen to face the evil HYDRA organization.
- Black Widow will arrive in Hollywood Land in her fancy vehicle a few times daily!
- New food offerings around Hollywood Land, including “The Most Dangerous Tacos in the Galaxy” and a “Multiverse Parfait.” YES, PLEASE.
- The new Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT! warehouse located at the exit to the ride will offer attraction merchandise featuring retro-designed apparel, plush toys, pins and much more. Also, there will be special heroic apparel and fun souvenirs for guests who show their Super Hero alliance (we don’t know what this means yet, but we’re excited to find out)!