Every so often, we like to share things to look forward to at the parks! With so much happening and so many dates to juggle, we wanted to break down some of the most important dates! This will hopefully help anyone trying to plan based off of what’s going to be happening in the future months.
DISNEYLAND IMPORTANT DATES
- Matterhorn Bobsleds re-opens April 28th and will include Fast Pass!
- The Main Street Electrical Parade has been extended until August 20th! We aren’t sure if Disneyland has plans to bring Paint the Night back toward the end of the year, but we sure hope so! We will update everyone when we hear.
- The Rivers of America, The Disneyland Railroad, Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer Island, Davey Crockett Explorer Canoes and Fantasmic will be returning this Summer (we’ve heard from a few sources that all of these will be re-opening in July, but we can’t give a definitive date yet)!
Reagan just hangin’ out in a treasure chest on Tom Sawyer Island when he was just a babe. I need him this small again! This is such a great place to let kids run wild!
- Halloween at Disneyland typically starts the end of the first week of September and goes through October 31st. We will have more information to come as the end of the year gets closer, but feel free to look through our hashtag #mkmhalloweenatdisneyland on Instagram for our photos from 2016!
- Mickey’s Halloween Party starts late September and goes through October 31st. Tickets typically go on sale at the end of July, so we’ll be sure to give updates as soon as we know! If you’re interested in reading more about the party, check out our post on Instagram about last year’s festivities here or take a look at the hashtag #mkmhalloweenparty. The Halloween Party nights fall on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and allows guests with a party ticket access to Disneyland THREE hours before the party starts at 6:00 PM on Monday and Wednesday and 7:00 PM on Friday. The party tickets are a little bit cheaper than a general admission ticket to Disneyland, which is really nice, especially since the ticket gives you a good amount of time in the park. Disneyland closes at 6:00 PM to guests WITHOUT a party ticket on Mondays and Wednesdays and at 7:00 PM to guests without a party ticket on Fridays, so keep that in mind if you’re planning a trip for late September through October 31st and don’t plan to go to the Halloween Party. California Adventure stays open regular hours to guests without a Halloween Party ticket on the days Disneyland closes early.
Mickey’s Halloween Party 2016 – Julie, Mack and Lucie as Nick Wilde, Finnick and Judy Hopps and Reagan and I as Captain Hook and Mr. Smee!
- Holidays at Disneyland starts early September through January. More information to come as the holidays approach, but you can look through our photos from last year here!
California Adventure’s Christmas tree on Buena Vista Street and Disneyland’s Christmas Tree on Main Street!
Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle during the day and at night – so beautiful!
CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE IMPORTANT DATES
- Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout opens May 27
- Summer of Heroes starts May 27 – September 10:
- Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Dance Off (you know we love to dance, so this is extra exciting)!
- Character Meet & Greets with Groot (Captain America and Spiderman will still be in Hollywood Land).
- Avengers Training Initiative – Black Widow and Hawkeye search for young recruits to see if they have what it takes to become an Avenger!
- Heroic Encounter with Black Widow! She will arrive at the park a few times daily in her fancy Avengers vehicle!
- Special Avengers-themed food will be available throughout Hollywood Land!
Guardians of the Galaxy progress as of early April 2017
- Pixar Play Parade starts back up on May 12!
- Toy Story Midway Mania Fast Pass went live this week! Fast Passes are distributed across the walkway from the attraction.
Starting May 26th, Disney Junior Dance Party, will make its debut! The show will be a live experience with characters, music and more from Disney Junior shows like the new series “Mickey and the Roadster Racers,” “Doc McStuffins,” “Sofia the First” and “The Lion Guard.” So fun! We’re all about a dance party so we say bring it on, Disney Junior! The current Disney Junior Live on Stage will have its last shows on Sunday, April 9th.
Photo from the Disney Parks Blog
Festival of Holidays starts when Holidays at Disneyland begin early November! This is one of our FAVORITE fun things that happens during the year! We will have more information as the end of the year approaches. Below are photos from our favorite show of all time, Disney’s ¡Viva Navidad!